본문 바로가기
국제 정치-정당/미국

르네 굿, 알렉스 프레티 총살 이후, 트럼프의 전술은 변했는가? 더 많은 요원 보강해, 시위대와의 차단벽을 강화하겠다. 시민 저항 거세지자, 보비노 꼬리자르기.

by 원시 2026. 1. 30.

르네 굿, 알렉스 프레티 총살 이후, 트럼프의 전술은 변했는가? 더 많은 요원 보강해, 시위대와의 차단벽을 강화하겠다. 시민 저항 거세지자, 보비노 꼬리자르기. 

 

1. ICE 요원들의 대 시민 총살의 잔혹함. 트럼프의 정치적 패배 인정. 

트럼프와 이민세관단속국 (ICE)의 시민 총살 이후,  미네소타 뿐만 아니라, 전국적 시민 저항이 발생. 트럼프는 실패를 자인했지만, 부하 보니노를 자르고, ICE 요원들의 증원을 발표함. 트럼프의 범죄적 강경진압은 앞으로도 지속될 것으로 보임.

트럼프가 de-escalate (정도,규모,범위를 줄이다)라는 단어를 썼다. 이것의 의미는 ICE의 직접적인 대 시위대 탄압량을 줄이겠다는 뜻이다.

 

2. 그러나 트럼프 전술, 바뀐 것은 하나도 없다. ICE 증강, 시위대 차단벽 설치.  

그러나 트럼프 백악관 부하, 스테펀 밀러(Stephen Miller)의 전술 발표를 보면, ICE 협력팀 요원들의 증강이다. 

ICE요원들과 시위대들 사이 물리적 '차단벽'을 더 강화하겠다는 것이다. ICE 요원들이 체포할 때, 시위대가 ICE요원들에게 직접 접근하지 못하도록 차단벽을 만들고, 이것을 보조하는 요원부대를 증강하겠다는 것이다.

트럼프 직속 부하, 톰 호먼(Tom Homan)을 미네소타로 급파, 팀 월즈 주지사, 제이콥 프라이 미니애폴리스 시장, 시 경찰들과 협상 테이블 개시. 

 

3. 트럼프 정치적 패배 인정 배경. 공화당 출신, 버몬트 주지자 필 스콧, 네브라스카 주 공화당 상원의원 피트 리케츠 (Ricketts)가 트럼프의 ICE 총살 비판. 리케츠는 ICE 재정지원은 하겠지만, 프레티 사망 사건의 투명한 진상 조사 주장. 시위 자유 권리 보장 (헌법) 강조. 

그리고 트럼프가 임명했던 보수 성향의 연방 판사, 에릭 토스트러드 (Eric Tostrud)가, 국토안전부가 알렉스 프레티 사망 증거를 인멸하거나 변경하지 못하도록 명령함. (바디캠 영상, 휴대전화,현장 수집 물품 등)을 그대로 보존하라고 지시함. 

 

4. 뉴스보도에 기초한, 향후 쟁점.

미네소타 시민들은 3000명 ICE요원들의 완전한 퇴거와 퇴출 요구.

민주당은 ICE 예산안 통과 거부. 

급진적 시민들은 ICE 폐지 주장. 

 

 

 

 bbc 뉴스 보도 번역 (NJ 원시) 

 

 

트럼프디에스컬레잇(de-escalate) 단어를 썼다. “정도,규모,범위를 줄이다뜻임.

ICE 탄압량을 좀 줄이겠다 뜻임.

 

르네 굿 Reene Good, 알렉스 프레티(Alex Pretti) 총살 이후, 시민들의 저항 격해짐.

민주당과 공화당 국회의원들의 트럼프 비판.

특히 알렉스 프레티는 재향군인 병원 간호사였음.

 

국토안전부 장관 크리스티 노엄(Noem)은 알렉스 프레티를국내 테러리스트로 규정, 지속적으로 폭력을 선동했다고 비난.

ICE 요원의 알렉스 프레티 총살은 자위권 발동이었다고 발표.

 

알렉스 프레티가 총으로 ICE요원들을 위협했다 (branishing a gun)이라고 표현함. (사실 왜곡)

그러나 알렉스 프레티가 손에 든 것은 휴대전화였다.

 

국경 순찰대, 전권 사령관인 보비노 (Gregory Bovino) 경질,

트럼프 직속 부하, 톰 호먼 (Tom Homan)을 미니애폴리스로 파견.

 

미네소타 주지사 팀 월즈, 미니애폴리스 시장 제이콥 프라이, 지브라이언 오하라 (Brian O'Hara): 미니애폴리스 경찰청장(Police Chief) 등을 만나 협상.

르네 굿 총살 2주 후에, 다시 재향군인병원 간호사 알렉스 프레티 총살 사건.

 

 성난 미니애폴리스 시민들이, 미네소타 주지사와 미니애폴리스 시장 제이콥 프라이에게, 요구하길, 3000명의 ICE 요원들과 공무원들이 미네소타 주로부터 떠나줄 것을 요청했다.

 

트럼프는, 수천명의 불법 이민자들과 마약 범죄자들을 검거했다고 자랑함.

미네소타 주와 미니애폴리스 시 당국은 그들이 단순비자위반이나 범죄경력이 없는 사람들이라고 주장.

 

트럼프의 부하, 국토안전부 보좌관, 스테펀 밀러 Stephen Miller)의 작전 변경 설명. ICE 요원들을 보호할 목적으로 더 많은 인력을 배치함. 추가 배치 요원들은 체포팀과 시위자들 사이에 물리적 방벽을 설치하겠다. 보비노 Bovino의 잘못 인정하는 트럼프, 스테펀 밀러 는 이런 방침 달리, ICE요원들이 시위자들과 직접 물리적 접촉을 함으로써 총살이 발생했다고, 판단.

 

공화당 출신 정치인들 알렉스 프레티 사망 진상 조사 요구. 공화당 버몬트 주지자 필 스콧(Phil Scott) 과 네브라스카 공화당 상원의원 피트 리케츠(Pete Ricketts). 리케츠는 ICE 재정지원을 여전히 지지하지만, 프레티 사망 사건의 투명한 진상 조사 주장. 시위와 집회 권리 보장 (헌법) 

에릭 토스트러드(Eric C. Tostrud) 연방 판사는, 국토 안전부가 미니애폴리스 사건의 증거를 인멸하거나 변경하지 못하도록 함.

 

에릭 토스트러드 판사는 2018년 도널드 트럼프 대통령에 의해 임명된 보수 성향의 법조인이다. 그러나 그는 알렉스 프레티 총격 사건과 관련된 모든 증거(바디캠 영상, 휴대전화, 현장 수집 물품 등)를 그대로 보존해야 한다고 명시해버렸다.

 

 

Trump says government will 'de-escalate' in Minnesota following Pretti shooting

 

Kayla Epstein

 

 

Trump: We will 'de-escalate a little' in Minnesota

President Donald Trump has said his administration is "going to de-escalate a little bit" in Minnesota, after the second fatal shooting of a US citizen by federal immigration officers there.

 

"Bottom line, it was terrible. Both of them were terrible," he said in a Fox News interview on Tuesday.

 

Earlier this month, Renee Good was fatally shot by an immigration officer, followed by Alex Pretti, who was killed on Saturday after being stopped by border agents.

 

Pretti's death reignited local protests and public outcry across the country, and led to criticism from lawmakers in both parties. Trump's remarks are the latest sign his administration is taking a step back on its operations in Minnesota.

 

Speaking to other reporters ahead of a rally in Iowa Tuesday night, Trump said he viewed the killing of Pretti, an intensive care nurse at a veterans' hospital, as "a very unfortunate incident".

 

Asked by reporters about whether he agreed with characterisations of Pretti as a "domestic terrorist," Trump said: "I haven't heard that."

 

Trump then added: "He shouldn't have been carrying a gun."

 

Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem said shortly after the shooting that Pretti "wasn't there to peacefully protest, he was there to perpetuate violence," and accused him of "domestic terrorism".

 

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has also said the agents fired in self-defence, after Pretti resisted attempts to disarm him.

 

Noem said Pretti was shot because he was "brandishing" a gun during a confrontation. Eyewitnesses and local officials, however, have challenged that account, saying he had a phone in his hand, not a weapon.

 

There is no sign of a gun in Pretti's hand, according to analysis of the available video by BBC Verify.

 

Local authorities said the gun had been legally registered and that Pretti had been shot after the firearm was removed.

 

A preliminary report drafted by Customs and Border Protection also appears to contradict the initial DHS account of events. It says two of its agents fired their weapons at Pretti.

 

It does not mention that Pretti was reaching for his firearm, according to a copy of the report seen by the BBC's US partner, CBS News.

 

 

On Monday, the DHS pulled the Minnesota mission's leader and figurehead, Border Patrol official Gregory Bovino, from the state. The department said it was deploying the White House's border tsar, Tom Homan, to take over there.

 

Homan posted on social media on Tuesday that he had met Minnesota Governor Tim Walz, Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey, and local law enforcement officials.

 

Pretti's death, coming two weeks after the fatal shooting of 37-year-old Renee Good, enraged local residents and sparked fresh calls from state and city officials for the Trump administration to withdraw its 3,000 immigration agents and officers from the region.

 

In the interview with Fox News, Trump appeared to defend the Minnesota operation, saying "we took thousands of hardened criminals" out of the state, "so they have good crime numbers."

 

"That's all working out, we have Tom Homan there now," he said, before adding the administration would "de-escalate".

 

Stephen Miller, a top White House aide working on the administration's deportation initiative, told CNN that the White House "provided clear guidance to DHS that the extra personnel that had been sent to Minnesota for force protection should be used for conducting fugitive operations to create a physical barrier between the arrest teams and the disruptors".

 

"We are evaluating why the [US Customs and Border Patrol] team may not have been following that protocol," Miller said in his statement to CNN.

 

Some Republican leaders and lawmakers have called for an investigation into Pretti's death, including Vermont Governor Phil Scott and US Senator Pete Ricketts of Nebraska.

 

"The nation witnessed a horrifying situation this weekend," Ricketts wrote on X. While he reaffirmed his "support for funding ICE remains the same," Ricketts said he expected "a prioritized, transparent investigation into this incident".

 

A federal judge has blocked DHS from destroying or altering evidence.

 

In his speech at the Iowa rally on Tuesday night, which was dedicated to his economic policies, Trump did not discuss the current situation in Minnesota in depth, but talked about his immigration crackdown more broadly, citing a Harvard Harris poll from December that suggested 80% of Americans support his administration's efforts to deport illegal immigrants who have committed crimes.